Thursday, October 19, 2006

Packing for Germany

So... not only did my global issues midterm get moved to NEXT Thursday, but class even got cancelled today! Bob is such a push-over. So I got to sleep in a little bit, but I decided to wait and see my parents because I still have Brit Lit with Patricia from 1-4 p.m. Ugh that class is absolutely horrid. (I just said that in my head with a British accent, just to let you know.)

After class my mom and I are going to get some dinner, drinks, and go see WICKED at the Apollo Victoria. I have been so excited to see this show, you can't even imagine. Mo is actually the one that introduced me to the music. I tried to get tickets when the show was in Minneapolis, but it definitely sold out in about ten minutes. Yuck. But Idina Menzel, the originial Elphaba (spelling?), will be in it tonight. She also played Maureen in Rent.

I have been enthralled by the Wizard of Oz ever since I was a little girl. My dog at the time, Belle, and later Beau, were never that small. But I would still pretend that they were Toto and that I was Dorothy. I even had some plastic red sparkly shoes and a little basket. I cant believe I was never Dorothy for Halloween, though! I remember spending hours watching the show and eating tuna fish sandwiches, cut diagonally in half. : )

I'll let you know what the show was like after I see it tonight. I'm expecting that I will probably cry because I am just so excited and I have heard how utterly amazing it is.

That's all.

1 Comments:

At 10/21/2006 11:20 PM , Blogger clare said...

glad to hear some updates from your side of the equator. I got your post card last weekend, and I have a letter ready to be mailed out to you as soon as I buy some stamps. (yes I still haven't bought any stamps) We have been studying how to book a safe room at a hotel and the word for guard in swahili is mlinzi, so every time I hear it I think of you. hopefully I'll be able to post some pics someday soon, your's look awesome.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home